With the kids being at home again for the May Bank Holiday, so soon after the Easter holidays, you may be looking for ways to keep them busy, even if the weather isn't good.
The children will love these easy pizza faces which they can make themselves, whatever their age.
There's not really a recipe for these, they're just a 'suped up' version of cheese on toast! We make pizza toast quite a bit in our house. We often make it with crumpets but have also used English Muffins, Pitta Bread or Naan Breads. These pizza faces have been made from cutting out a circle from a lightly toasted piece of bread - I used the top off my tea bag canister as it was the perfect size with minimum wastage - you could use a large cookie cutter or pint glass too.
You will need :
Sliced Bread (or crumpets or English Muffins) - lightly toasted
Toppings - we used cooked mini sausages, olives & tomato slices
Mixed Herbs or Oregano
- Cut a circle out of your toast and arrange onto baking sheet.
- Spread the ketchup onto the base.
- Cover with grated cheese.
- Arrange your toppings into a smiley face.
- Sprinkle a few mixed herbs or Oregano over.
- Place under a hot grill, or in the oven, until the cheese has melted.