This week we have made a Goats Cheese and Tomato Tart, a very simple recipe to get the little ones involved.
Puff Pastry Sheet - we used ready rolled
4 tbsp Tomato Puree or Pasta Sauce or Pesto - we used some homemade ratatouille
150g Goats Cheese - we used garlic & herb Soft Goats Cheese
8-10 cherry tomatoes, halved
Fresh or dried herbs
Preheat the oven to 220 degrees C
- Lay the puff pastry sheet flat on a baking sheet and cover with your chosen base, leaving around 1 inch gap around the edge
- Arrange the Goats Cheese on top
- And then the cherry Tomatoes (spread out a little by Mummy)
- Sprinkle with a few herbs or ripped fresh Basil leaves
- Bake in the oven for around 20 minutes
And did Jack eat all his tea? ...... No, just the salad! but everyone else loved it.